NKPdesigns

Friday, January 20, 2006

BOC January Challenge



The Beads of Clay (www.beads-of-clay.org) group I'm a member of has monthly challenges designed to take us out of our comfort zone and experiment with techniques we might have otherwise not tried on our own.



January's challenge was to carve flowers from our beads and this is what I came up with. I love daisies, thus I carved four daisies. My fingers were numb and cramped by the time I finished carving. This took about an hour. I glazed it with Series glaze 2200 and glazed the petals with a matte coral that I particulary enjoy. Then I took a bumpy doodle black and dotted the middle. I had hoped it would stand up a bit more than it does, but the effect of the black with the blackish speckles in the body of the glaze worked even better than I envisioned.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the compliment! Come back again sometimes!

    ReplyDelete