NKPdesigns

Friday, November 02, 2007

Speaking of Magnets


I bought some glazing crayons at the ceramic store last week. I thought they'd be smooth and buttery like oil based pastels, but no. These crayons had the consistancy of chalk. After playing around with them for about an hour I took some of my watercolor brushes, and some small bisque circles that I had made some months ago, and painted minitures on top dabbing the crayons with a wet brush.

I do like how they came out and plan to make more of these. I forgot how much I have missed painting in watercolors! I'm so glad to have stumbled accidentally on these crayons and I'm so glad they turned out to be like chalk instead of smooth and buttery!!! These were fired at Cone 6 and are nice and bright! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment