NKPdesigns

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Obsessed with Clay Whistles

I've uploaded these whistles which I call "Bead Whistles" to my flickr page.  When you get there, you can click on each whistle to get a closer view.  These are all approx. 40  mm in length, and started off with a 20 mm ball of clay.

 Each whistle has its own voice.  Some can be blown with just a mild exhale of air, others require a definite puff, and most are somewhat in between, but all make sound.

These look great on a ribbon or a leather cord.  I have about 20 more that I'm currently glazing and hopefully will put in the kiln over the weekend.  We'll see.  Until then, enjoy looking at these.

10 comments:

  1. These are just way too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so unique, I already see one that I adore. They almost look like little birds...now that is ironic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cindi, I have about 15 more that I'm firing today and about 10 more to still glaze. Then I'm going to make more in a porcelain clay.

    I'm definitely going overboard with these. lol! They are SO fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your whistles are absolutely gorgeous. Each one is so different. Love your surface designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mary! :)

    I took more out of the kiln this morning and will be posting the new ones in my flickr account.

    I have about 10 whistles left to glaze and fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, and love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! I love them. You really have a talent for beads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited to receive one of your beautiful whistles in the swap!! Very cool - :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Lisa! I took photos of each of them and put them on Flickr. If you want, you can 'claim' yours on the Whistle set page:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nkpdesigns/sets/72157624206211894/

    ReplyDelete