NKPdesigns

Monday, June 10, 2013

Rings

 I am prefacing this with the fact that I am not quitting pottery or quitting making beads -- but I have been experimenting with metalwork.  

For the past year I've been reading and learning about making rings with bezels and I have finally come to the point where I have some equipment and supplies to work with. 
This weekend I made two rings, one copper and one silver, both with agate settings.  Each has its own set of flaws, most notably that the bezel on each of them have a very tiny stress fracture.  And I haven't worked on highly polishing them yet.

The copper ring ended up being almost a size 8, and the silver one about a 6 and a half. I'm a size 7 and I am baffled as to why they both fit my finger so well.  So much to still learn ....

No comments:

Post a Comment