NKPdesigns

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beads Published in Step By Step Wire Jewelry

I have some beads in this magazine off to the left. A huge shout out to Step By Step Wire Jewelry!  They are so great about showcasing artist beads and jewelry.  Love them!

I think I submitted the beads in this issue about a year ago for another issue.  I had almost forgotten they were included until the magazine showed up in my mail a few days ago. I don't know if it is available on the store shelves yet, so if you want it right away you can order it here:  CLICK HERE .

I have some cranberry color delicate scroll beads and I know I have some around here, so over the next few days I'm going to include them in my website shopping area.  I think I'm going to add a page just for beads that have appeared in books and magazines so they will all be easy to find.  They won't be the exact same beads, but they will be similar.  I have been searching for just the right blue glaze for some beads that appeared in Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry  and I think I have found a close match, but it is just that, a close match. That wonderful discontinued glaze ... sigh ... I've searched all over the internet for spare bottles but no amount of searching has helped.

One of the beads in April 2014's Step By Step Wire Jewelry magazine is this bead off to the right.  It is hard to tell from the magazine photo that this is a lentil shape bead.  It is hard to show that unless the hole is showing from a certain angle, at least that's been my experience. And it is also hard to show that the front and back are completely different unless two photos are taken.  I have found bead photography to be completely difficult on every level. I sure would hate for a customer to think this bead is round only to find it is a completely different shape.  I did a whole series in this shape and type of bead, wrapping small strips of clay around a lentil shape and texturing the sprigs.  I rarely have the patience to sit and glaze them separate colors like these, so when you do find them in my store it is best to snatch them up as quickly as possible because I don't do custom orders.  I could do a blog post about that someday but really, it's kinda obvious ... I don't do custom orders because I make beads for myself and if others enjoy them that's great and if not, oh well .... (insert silly grin here).

Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment