NKPdesigns

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Pitcher is Worth 1000 Words


Yesterday I threw 22 plates. I would have thrown more but I ran out of bats. So I cleaned up and headed over to Texas Pottery. Alan only had a few in stock but I got to thinking about it and decided that real potters use a cut wire and they bravely run it under whatever it is they have thrown that day: bowls, plates, mugs, etc .... and never, ever, do they run out of bats.

Because I happened to throw all plates with thick heavy bottoms, today they were still on their bats, under plastic. It's gonna take d a y s until they pop off.


Today I grew up. I took the four new bats and carefully, while holding my breath, ran the cut wire underneath each bowl. Amazingly enough I didn't wreck one. I also had plenty of bats!

Because they were off their bats I was able to do something I'd been contemplating for quite a while: cut off their bottoms completely and stack them together to make something bigger.

It was a fun day. Here's a pitcher to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment