NKPdesigns

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Critters


The Etsy Mud team is having a Critter Challenge and so I have been stressing out about making critters. I know nothing about sculpture. So I started off with a simple cave and snake.


Then I thought, "Well, I'll just make a body with a head and pinch some legs and a tail. I liked how this was coming out so I added ears. And what do you know? It actually looks like a dog.



With so much luck on the first try, I tried again. I really don't understand how to make legs, so I thought about how when painting people, a common ploy to avoid painting hands is to pose the person with hands buried in pockets or clasped behind the back. Since I didn't know what to do with the back paws I thought I'd just have this mutt sit on them.




I was a bit braver with this one. Yet, notice that he is still in a 'down' position. These are very tiny, just an 1-2" high.

7 comments:

  1. your dogs are really cute! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! You are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... thanks!!! :) (BEAM)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have loads of personlity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Natalie,

    You have a wonderful sense of gesture!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete