NKPdesigns

Thursday, April 07, 2011

What's New? Textured Nugget Beads with End Caps

I was browsing through my bead store and realized I am very understocked when it comes to Nugget shaped beads.  I am a bit bored with nugget beads, which is why I probably haven't been making any lately.  However, I do like that mish mash shape.


When I was gardening I came across a few stray lava landscaping rocks and I got to studying their texture. Sure enough, I brought one or two back inside with me and got a small bit of clay. I was stunned at the intricate nature of the texture this left behind.  Thus, I began making some nugget beads. Here's the process ...


NOW ... to add the beads' end caps....


And here is the whole batch:


2 comments:

  1. ooooh! these are cool! Neat texture and so fun it came from a rock. Nature provides lots of inspiration to our work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These are now dry enough to bisque fire I think. I'm excited to glaze them.

    ReplyDelete