NKPdesigns

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Whole Batch of Bisque



Here's the two kiln loads. About half of them I sanded yesterday. I glazed a kiln load full last night and will put them into the kiln today for their second cook. I'm liking the Spring Blossom Design (that's what I've decided to call it) that I've come up with this year. So most of these will be decorated with that pattern. In an earlier post I have two different shots of the same bowl posted. If you browse through recent entries you'll see it.







This is two pieces that I attached to one another, a small saucer turned upsidedown and attached to a pot to form a Grecian urn.

















I had just read "Talking With The Clay", The Art of Pueblo Pottery by Stephen Trimble when I threw this pot. So I decided to burnish it with some river rocks I picked up on a trip to New York a few years back. It took about 3 hours to do the outside and inside but it was very different than anything I've tried before. The outside came out better than the inside, which dried as I was working on the outside and so was All I can say is that I REALLY know THIS particular POT!










On this particular piece I wanted to integrate some of my bead work onto the pot. The Tri-Leaf pattern is one of my favorites. I considered putting a verticle hole in each one and later hanging some other beads through it but by the time I thought of that they were leatherhard and piercing through them could have damaged the pot. It's an idea for another pot and another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment