NKPdesigns

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Water Whistle and more ....

I have spent another morning on You Tube completely fascinated by other people's work in clay. I have seen a picture of a water whistle in a book (From Mud To Music) and I have tried to figure out how one would blow into it .... turns out all you have to do is move it side to side. Interesting.







I also found a few other very fun clay whistle videos and I'm amazed that there are so many talented people out there who make these 12 hole whistles in perfect scales. Me? I am lucky to get any noise out of mine at all. And are they in tune? No. They are just Clay Noise Makers.


Here's a young man playing "Blowing in the Wind" on his whistle


This lady has many beautiful pendant whistles that she's made



This is by far my favorite. It is WILD ... I can't tell how many holes there are, but I know I counted at least 20 and it is perfectly in tune and the boy knows how to play it! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment