NKPdesigns

Monday, May 12, 2008

Eggs in Nests


These nests with eggs in them were created by Goldilocks Barrettes from some egg shaped beads which I made especially for her shop. I love what she has done with them and lucky me, she has ordered more. So below is the process I go through in making them.


First I make certain the clay is the right consistency. It can't be too wet or it will stick in the mold measurer. If it is too dry, the clay cracks.

First I measure the clay and then roll it into a round ball. Next I shape the top with my fingers to make the oval egg shape. Last I pierce with a small knitting needle.

After these dry, I bisque-fire them in the kiln, and after they come out, I glaze and re-fire. Today the kiln is going through a bisque-fire. Tomorrow I will take them out and glaze them, then after the glaze dries, they will go back into the kiln. These are going to be pink with speckles (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment