NKPdesigns

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sprig Wrapped and Pierced Beads

I am in a quandary because I don't know what to call these types of beads I've been making.  I roll them in my hands. I apply a sprig of clay. Sometimes I use stoneware clay. Othertimes I use porcelain. Sometimes I combine the two.  I pierce them. It's fun. It's relaxing. I have to use 'granny glasses' to see what I'm doing. 

The applying of under and over glazes is done after a bisque firing.   The last batch I glazed has a transparent green instead of a transparent red.  I will post pictures of those in the next day or two.

At the moment I'm trying to get caught up with other projects.  I keep saying, "I'm almost caught up ..."

2 comments:

  1. I like these...the result is a more natural. earthy look. almost rustic. Well no wonder I am drawn to them. Natalie your designs just keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete