NKPdesigns

Friday, September 09, 2011

My Good Buys

I bought yet another book on silver metal clay last week. I love those books.  I pore over the pages just awestruck by the imagination of these clay metal artists.  They are so talented and come up with the most wonderful designs ideas.

I have realized that most anything that can be done with silver metal clay (PMC) can be done with ceramic clay.  And I adore metal beads.  They inspire me in the same way nature inspires me.  In one of these books  I saw a square tube bead, okay, it was more of a rectangle than a square. It was so precise, so lovely that it thrilled my soul.  And I thought to myself, 'self, you have to try to do something that precise with regular clay'.  As much as I love the precise, I am rarely precise, which I probably why I am so drawn to precisely done objects.  However, knowing this about myself did not stop me from getting onto the internet and buying the tool to the left along with the ClayCore Extruder Adaptor, so that if I ever wanted to work with silver clay, I could.  Because it is always in the back of my mind that someday, SOMEday I will work with metal.  And a torch.  And a hammer.  And a saw.  Ahem, anyway .... 

It came yesterday and after fiddling with it for five minutes I realized I had a problem.  The extruder discs were all too small to work properly with the extruder adaptors.  SO today I bought these extruder adapters on the right and they will be here in a few days.  Then the experimenting will being in earnest.

LOL!  I have this problem. I really love tools. I suppose that is not the problem. The problem is that after I purchase the tools, I rarely end up using them more than once or twice.  I end up back using my fingers and one aluminum knitting needle for all my decorating needs. However, I hope I will use these and maybe, just maybe, actually do some PMC (precious metal clay) work like I've been tempted to do for so very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment