NKPdesigns

Friday, February 03, 2012

Into The Fire

 The last few weeks I've been glazing a small amount of beads each night.  Most of these beads I've made over the years as experiments that never got glazed. instead they've been sitting in bowls on my shelves in my studio, just sitting there, taking up space.

Beads do not hold or generate emotions, but if they did, I would say this particular batch has been extremely patient with me. 
Yesterday I decided I had enough to fill my big kiln and put them on rods. It took a lot longer than I thought it would take.

In fact, it took so long that I decided not to load the kiln but thought I would load the kiln today, this morning.

However, it is raining outside so it will have to wait a few hours. My porch is covered (on top) but the wind and the spray of the rain does reach through the sides.  If not today, tomorrow, or the next day.  No hurry. They've waited this long after all. They can wait a bit more. 

4 comments:

  1. That really looks like a lot of beads to me. Beads may not hold or generate emotions, but I bet when you get all of those beads glazed you will feel really good - freed up. I can't wait for you to show us how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will feel better once they are finished! In fact, I just finished loading the kiln. I started at 11:30 am my time and ended up at 1 pm. Surprisingly I got every bead in there. It took some doing.

      Delete
  2. I am with Jean on this one. Love to see how they turn out. Must be exciting to see how these experiments turn out after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The funny/ironic thing is that I have twice that many beads still in bisque form waiting to be glazed. And yet, this week I probably made about 100 more to be bisque fired. It's how I relax, with bits of clay in my hands.

      Delete