NKPdesigns

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Yay for Family and Friends

Arches National Park
Hubby and I spent time with family and friends all last week.  It was a bit weird not being on the computer but I did sneak time with my phone from time to time.

We ended up going on a loop from Southern New Mexico to Northern Arizona (spent a few hours at the Grand Canyon) to Southern Utah (saw a couple of national parks) back to Taos, NM and then home to Texas.

I have a method of making clay while hubby drives the car. I hold on my lap a gallon size Ziploc bag that has about 3 lbs of clay.   I also keep a couple of dampened paper towels nearby.  I form beads one by one and place them in a small paper bag for drying. The clay can't be too wet or too dry.  Too wet and I can't make a bead and too dry and the clay dust will go everywhere. 

This week I have a huge load of beads to bisque fire and going in with those will be some cups and bowls and hand-built objects that I worked on over the last few months.  I also am planning a kiln load for glazed beads for the other kiln.  Because they run on different electrical outlets they can run at the same time.  Yay.

The photo above is one I took on my phone.  I am a bit surprised at how nice these cell phone cameras can be.  I will have lots of inspiration in the months to come.


1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you found a way to make clay beads on a road trip, but I must say that I took beads and Irish Waxed Linen thread on my vacation last year and made jewelry that way! Where there's a will, there's a way! :-)

    ReplyDelete