NKPdesigns

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Vacation Mode

Hi all ... I put my Etsy shop in vacation mode (once again) as I had Jury Duty this week. The case was canceled and I was dismissed as a jury and I am sorry to say that I am thrilled to not have to fulfill my civic duty. I just took it out of Vacation Mode.  I am open again!

I probably utilize Vacation Mode way too often but with my life in a perpetual 'who knows what is going to happen next' that has been this past year it is a life saver with my stress levels.  I realize that putting my shop on Vacation Mode really dips my views in google and takes quite a while to build up again, but seriously, I just don't care.  People are more important.  And if I can put my shop in Vacation Mode and put my attention where it makes a difference, I'm completely grateful, thankful, and yes, more than relieved.

Yesterday instead of serving in Jury Duty I moved my kiln back into its kiln room.  I had moved it out for the summer months as the kiln room becomes way too hot, even with the windows open and a fan blowing the hot air out. I thought I would gain boo-coos of firings but with all the rain we had going on this summer I only squeezed out a couple.  I probably should have bought a tent to go over it but I had visions of the roof of the tent bursting into flames and the burning bits blowing into the neighbor's yard and since she doesn't water her grass, her yard being set on fire .... should I go on with this scenario? You get the idea.

So now that my kiln is back in its kiln room and it is cool enough this fall to go forward with a firing, what will I be firing?  Well, some memorial bottles for my mother who passed last November.  They will all have her picture and a small genealogy printed on the side.  It's mostly for the grandkids so that they can have a record. We all know how easy it is to lose track of family.  If they want some of her ashes, a bit can go in each bottle and be sealed.  Or they can just take the bottle. Or not. It's completely their choice.

Also going into the kiln are some mugs and bowls (see pic).  Thanks for stopping by!

 ~Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment