NKPdesigns

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Beads at ETSY Store

These are for sale at: http://nkpdesigns.etsy.com


The yucca brush used to apply this glaze is incredibly tiny.
You can take a look at it by going: http://nkpdesignsbeads.blogspot.com/2007/05/cat-tongue-yucca-brush.html









To make the brush, I soaked the frond in water for a few days, then scraped off the pulp with knife. This was an experiment that I wanted to try since reading a book called, "Talking With The Clay", The Art of Pueblo Pottery by Stephen Trimble. I didn't want to chew on the plant, because I'm positive that "yuck" in any language means the same thing. In any event, I googled, "How to make a yucca paintbrush".Google had the answer. Google ALWAYS has the answer! And so a brush (and a bead) was born.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Not sure I would have the patience for the yucca brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)

    My hands were a bit cramped from it all ... but it sure was fun to see the results.

    ReplyDelete