NKPdesigns

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Making Progress

So here's another attempt with the resins. I bought better photo paper and a different mold. This was a small silicon candy mold with no texturing on the front or back. However, the sides are fluted, reminding me of a bottle cap.



My flash gave this a grainy appearance, but in real life it is completely clear and a good quality.

Now I just have to figure out how to take a good photo of these new resin pendants. I also have to decide whether I want to glue on a bail or if I want to drill a hole. I haven't figured that out either. That's the best part of designing, figuring it all out.



The photo is from a favorite road trip I had with my buddies up to Millerton, New York where we rode over 70 mile ... or was it 55? This photo shows a little town in Ohio where we rode near 3 mile creek. I will have to ask my friend where exactly it was because, alas, I have forgotten that as well. I do remember, however, that those are our bikes.

4 comments:

  1. very cool! i vote bail....(not that you asked :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do think you're right. It would look too cheesy with a hole (being basically plastic). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. -eileen3:39 PM

    Instead of a ~flash~, do you think it possible to scan it instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep ... but I don't have a scanner anymore. Sigh ...

    ReplyDelete