NKPdesigns

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Mugs


I have two new mugs in my store. I hand-threw this on the pottery wheel and applied a hand-pulled handle and allowed it to dry.

After the stoneware clay was bisque-fired, I stamped it with a pattern with a black under-glaze, then covered the entire mug (even the bottom) with a clear gloss glaze and re-fired to maturity.
This holds 6 ounces comfortably and is food safe (lead free), microwave and dishwasher safe as well.

Now this one is more accurately described as a teacup. It is small, only holds 4 ounces. I had made the most beautiful 12 oz breakfast teacup and when I was about to take its picture, I knocked it over and it shattered into a billion pieces. I could have cried. It looked exactly like this one. It can be found here here. In any event, I am going to throw some more that are bigger this week and start the process over.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie
    You do such an excellent job on handles. I'm partially envious!
    Hugs
    Chae

    ReplyDelete