NKPdesigns

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

More Porcelain Cups and Mugs

Yesterday I blogged about my latest teacup. I thought I would share some of the others I threw on the wheel that day. 

I have 4 more taller mugs/tumblers that I will be trimming and attaching handles to today.  I tend to have a higher output if I throw one day and trim and decorate the next.  When I shove it all into the same day I end up getting hurried and thinking I have to finish.  Then I end up ruining something that could have ended up quite pretty.

I will be throwing small teapot bodies today.  Tomorrow I will try putting spouts, handles, and lids on them.  If I am successful, I will share some pics. If not, I'll reconstitute the clay for another day.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Natalie, I am so used to you being a bead maker, it is really cool to see other things that you make as well. I think I would love doing what you do - but whether I'd be any good at it, that's another question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean. It is sometimes hard to decide what to work with. Today for example: I have on my plate: glaze whistles, trim mugs and put on handles, play with soldering equipment that UPS delivered about 20 minutes ago. It's all fun, though, even when it doesn't come out as expected. :)

      Delete
  2. Those look like they would be very comfy in hand! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They'll be fired this week at the college and then I can glaze them. I would like to add the third step of laser decals after they've been glazed fired. The last batch at the college didn't turn out well, though. :( Whoever loaded the kiln had dirty hands and planted cobalt blue fingerprints on my beautiful lilly white porcelain! OWW! That's the price though of students learning how to load the kiln because when it comes out nicely, it's wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize you made other pottery besides beads either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, sometimes I don't realize that either! ha ha! :)

      Delete