NKPdesigns

Monday, January 01, 2007

Teapots



These came out of the big kiln this morning. They have only gone through their first firing. I will glaze and fire them again. These are small teapots, only about 3 inches high. I used the clay extruder I bought off of EBAY last year to make them with.

I made the two part die myself. The man whom designed and built the extruder had said he was going to offer hollow die sets but, alas, never did.



Therefore, one day a few months back, my husband and I got out the jigsaw and some wood and a few bolts and sandings later it was ready for use.

These square bodied teapots were a lot of fun to put together. I went to New Mexico this summer and the lids reflect the southwest somewhat, the spouts remind me of all the mesquite trees that scatter the area I visited.



I'm not sure how I'll end up glazing these yet. I'll have to study them for awhile.



I did put two pottery items in my new ETSY store. Go here to view them. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment