NKPdesigns

Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Fun Project

Working with resins is my newest project. This first try is somewhat of a disaster but I learned a lot from it. First, I learned to use GOOD quality photo paper. The photo is a painting of mine I did a few years ago. I added some computer generated side bars to help make the rectangle shape square for the mold. It's 350 dpi. It would have worked better with better paper. This paper WAS photo paper, but it was inexpensive and thin and I should have known better. Click on the photo for a better look at how grainy it came out on the cheap paper.

If you notice there seem to be some writing showing through from the back. Yeah, that's my signature with a '1'. I thought it might be neat to make collector editions and sign and number them. Unfortunately the writing bled through to the front.

Also, when I bought my mold, an ice cube tray, it had a texture on the bottom and sides. So I really need to find an ice cube tray with no texture. This is fun and I am learning from it. Resins are a blast and I am completely hooked on them after only one try. I acquired a book about a year ago on making beads and pendants from resins, but this is the first time I've made the effort to explore this particular medium. My next effort will be better, hopefully.

Also, I snagged an Etsy Treasury and so did Jessica! I'm in both so have a look, click on everything, help us make it to the front page! THANKS and ENJOY!

My Treasury
Jessica's Treasury

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:55 PM

    Hi Natalie,

    I was just looking around on line and I came across your page, I was searching under ceramic jewelry. Your page came up on the 11th page.

    I like your stuff.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment (and compliment). Come backa again sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete