NKPdesigns

Friday, July 31, 2009

Texture Ceramic Beads

Yesterday I decided to play with some texture tools. These are my favorite. They have many different shaped ends and combining them satisfies that occasional whim to go geometric.

This is pretty self explanatory. First I measured out a small ball of clay, rolled it, and pierced it. The next photo shows a small cap that I used to make circles. The third photo shows the two tool bits I decided to utilize. I love triangles! The fourth and fifth photo shows the end result after playing around a bit.

If you click on the photo it will take you through to a bigger photo. I am planning to rub these with an underglaze after they are bisque fired. Then I will rub off the excess underglaze so that it is deposited into each geometric shape. Last I will coat with a glossy clear or very transparent glaze and refire them. I haven't decided yet between the clear or transparent glaze.

In other news, I will try to post some of the homemade decal beads tomorrow. I got distracted with creating new beads. I also meant to list in my bead store a couple of the 50's "Kitchen of Tomorrow" beads in my previous post, but I never got around it to with all the creating.

Beads are SO much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment