NKPdesigns

Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Mug and Stuff


We're supposed to have a mild ice storm here in the Fort Worth, Texas area tonight and tomorrow. I don't think there is such a thing as a mild ice storm. Ice here is treacherous. Nobody knows how to drive in it nor do we have chains to put on our tires. I try to just stay home.


This mug on the left is one I listed today.  This angle is a bit odd. It's smaller on bottom than top. It looks better from the side.  I think it would fit nicely in one of those car console drink holders.  This is a combination of Ferguson Yellow and a High Iron Shino glazes.  It was gas fired in a reduction kiln.  I added feet, and the handle is hand pulled. 

Right now I have about 3-4 whistles in the smaller kiln. I have several more to glaze and fire and another example in the GIMP manual to complete.  The next example is to draw a tree ... from scratch.  After I drew a cloud I was learning about paintbrushes (in GIMP) and found quite a bit of paintbrushes that made clouds.  I imagine if I looked around I would find quite a few tree 'paintbrushes' as well.  However, it is always great to start from scratch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment