NKPdesigns

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Penny For Your Thoughts

Today I separated our vast array of pennies.  Anything 1981 and under went into a Ziplock bag. I think I bagged about 100 of them.  Why?  The pennies that are made then have more copper in them.  I could be more specific than that, but there is always Google for those interested.  It actually changed somewhere in the middle of 1982, so I decided to make it easier by not using any of those from that year.

I put one of the pennies into my rolling machine and rolled it.  I thought I might dap it and etch it, or maybe stamp it ... maybe use it for a linking component for a bracelet. Maybe I'll dap another one and make a hollow bead.  There are many possibilities and I haven't decided what to do with it as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment