NKPdesigns

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Swirly Bowl

This is one of the handbuilt projects I've been focused lately.  I arranged the stoneware clay in coils into this wooden bowl.  I actually laid plastic in it before coiling the clay inside, this is because I wanted to be able to dump it out after a few days and smooth down the rim from the underside with a sponge.

After doing that I took a homemade stamp and stamped around the edges after I placed the it back into the bowl in which it was formed.  Not only is the stamp pretty, not only does it echo what is going on outside the bowl, but it will also give the rim added strength because the stamping compresses the clay.

Back under wraps this goes to finish slowly drying.  

Thanks for stopping by! -- Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment