NKPdesigns

Saturday, February 07, 2015

What is that Drawing on that Mug?

Both of these have been glazed in a chartreuse green glaze then decorated in underglazes.

Hubby thinks the mug in the foreground has the footprints of a frog ...I just wanted to mess around with some abstract stuff .... I thought it looked a bit like closed eyelids ... then I got to thinking they kinda resembled spiders ...then I thought, oh that will never sell. It has a creepy factor.

The "mom" tumbler in the background has words on it, done in a sloppy 'kid' sort of way, which isn't hard for me because I have the world's worst handwriting.  I covered these with the same clear gloss (5 coats inside and out) and fired them.


I love the shade of green and the mug on the left is fun (keeping it!) ... unfortunately the lettering on the "mom" tumbler has run and is unreadable.  Aaaaand .... this is the perfect example of why I do not take custom orders.

I will probably glaze and refire to hide the mishap (much in the same way people get their tattoos covered when they turn out badly or have regrets).



No comments:

Post a Comment