NKPdesigns

Monday, February 09, 2015

Tri-Pod Feet on a Pot - a Ceramic Daily Video

I want to share this video with those who enjoy watching pottery demonstrations.  This website has so many super techniques for potters to share with each other and learn from. They also sell dvds.

Here is the link: http://ceramicartsdaily.org/pottery-making-techniques/handbuilding-techniques/handbuilding-video-how-to-make-a-textured-tripod-pot-with-soft-slabs/

I have always wondered about how the feet on these types of vessels were made. Now I know. I got to looking at it and though, well, of one of those sections were a spout and if those other two sections were trimmed off and a lid was made ... a teapot could be born.  So now an idea is germinating and one day may sprout.  The picture above is a photo of the finished piece in the video. I did one of those 'print screens' as the video was playing to capture it.  Beautiful piece of pottery, yes? 


No comments:

Post a Comment