NKPdesigns

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wheel Throwing Project: Vase (or teapot)

I may or may not turn this into a teapot.  I am not done throwing it yet.  Do you see that small shape in the left top hand corner? That is the shape I am planning to make this vase/teapot.  Not that this shape isn't very nice, it is nice, just not the shape I am going for.

I had a hard time seeing the difference until I took the picture, now I can see I will have to push this out a bit more from further down, and the neck could be a teeny bit more curved inward.

It is easy to see what needs 'fixing' in a in photograph. It's kind of what a painter does when he/she steps away from the painting to get a broader view.


I went back into the studio and worked a bit more with this shape.  I am still not happy with the lip and the shoulder could be a bit higher. I will let it sit awhile and mess with it a bit more.


I let it slowly go around the wheel for about an hour while I made mashed potatoes and gravy from a chicken that had just come out of the oven.

After supper I got to work again and below is he finished pot ... well, it's not finished yet ...I'm going to put some little feet on it and a handle and a spout and a lid, but that's for another day.



It doesn't look much different, but it is just a bit wider at the shoulder and I worked on the neck, made it a bit taller and ready to accept a cap lid.


No comments:

Post a Comment