NKPdesigns

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bird, Snake, Frog, and Rocks, .... Pitcher


I had a lot of ideas going on in my head when I made this. It was a wheeled thrown vase that I shaped into a pitcher, I was thinking the shape reminded me of a bird, so I formed a hat/lid by hand.





Then I thought I'd give it a snake for a handle. Then the snake made me think of river beds, so I carved the outside and added 'river rocks' ...







...then I thought the lid should have some river rocks on it and that led me to think that perhaps there was a frog perched on top of the rocks, sunning.









So this is the end result. I'm really enjoying combining handthrowing with sculpture and hand-building. Note to self: MUST DO MORE!

2 comments:

  1. Definately one of a kind !!! It's rather cute. The lid above the spout gives it the appearance that it's enjoying a huge joke which says: Wow! This is a pitcher with character and personality.
    In short, i like it.
    Hugs
    Chae

    ReplyDelete