NKPdesigns

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Mexico Sky Turquoise Porcelain Rounds


I put these in my Etsy store today. They are 20 mm with a smooth matte finish. I wrote in my description that this color of blue reminds me of the blue New Mexican sky I grew up with.

Now folks here in Texas, a state I have grown to adore the last 20 years, think the sky is pretty and blue -- but it is nothing like the southern New Mexico sky. The sun is much brighter there, probably because of the higher elevation.

Now I'm not dissin' Texas ... I would never (like some who have moved here) spell the vowels with an '*', Texas is a lovely in every way. I'm just saying that the sun is much brighter where I grew up. This time of year is probably my favorite time of year there, too.


This is one of several small pendants that I will be offering later this week, probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment