NKPdesigns

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Marketing Ploy

I have tons of gemstones that I meant to use to make jewelry with but have not utilized. I've been so busy with clay (beads and pottery) that I simply have not had the time. But oftentimes when I see a certain bead I think, "It's a SHAME not to use it with such and such gemstone."

This particular sunflower decal goes perfectly with these square yellow jaspers. So I'll be offering some combinations like this in my Etsy store over the next few days (or weeks).

It dawned on me that I can really tag these babies! I can label these types of listing in 'commerical' supplies because, well, the jasper are not hand made -- but because I made the porcelain bead myself I can also market it as 'handmade'. So I will have double the exposure.

I'm kinda of excited about that. It may not float, but it certainly is worth a try.

1 comment: