NKPdesigns

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Handpainted Bead Beauties


Here are some beads that I will be putting in my Etsy store in the next few days. I handpainted the lot of them. I am finding out that I am enjoying this process very much.


This bead has such pretty colors. These are a combination of blues and yellows and oranges that are all transparent so they lay nicely layered upon one another.



Finding out which kind of glaze will have what effect is exciting. Opening the kiln is such a thrilling experience!








Here is a rose. It is a bit daunting to paint a rose on a bead, but I am getting braver with experimenting.










I have some decals that are very similar to the pattern I applied to this bead. I didn't realize until it came out that is how it would come out.








This last bead is one of my favorites. Unfortunately on the other side, the side that doesn't show in this photo is a blemish near the hole opening. It can be covered with a bead cap, but I will probably make this into a piece for myself and try again with this color combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment