NKPdesigns

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breakfast Teamugs

I was busy today putting handles on these. I threw them yesterday. I have three more to put handles on for tomorrow. These are all going to hold between 12-16 ounces (I think).

Hopefully I won't drop and shatter them during the bisque and glaze firing. I've been somewhat klutzy the last week or two and destroyed more things than I care to remember.

Right now the kiln is doing its thing. I have a prototype of a big round baking dish with a big tall lid that is being fired. I'm firing it 4 cones hotter than normal, but doing it for a longer period. What I hope to accomplish is a clay pot that is strong enough to withstand a 300 degree oven but porous enough to absorb water. I will probably not be putting something expensive in it the first time. I probably will not cook with anything the first time other than to coat it with grape-seed oil.

This clay pot (minus the top) might just end up making the world's biggest apple pie! (ahhh ... apple pie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment