NKPdesigns

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cat Proof Sugar Bowl


Behold ... the Cat Proof Sugar Bowl. Recently I was contacted to make a sugar bowl out of a certain glaze and while it was a disaster, that might have been a good thing because I found out that the customer had a feline friend who might want to bat around that sugar bowl.

There's nothing like a bit of a challenge to get one's creative juices going. I threw three bowls. The lid, when not in use, could possibly be used to hold used teabags ... or the drippy spoon could rest inside, too.



By now some may be wondering ... how? HOW is it cat proof? Answer: it is in the way the lid fits over the bottom bowl ... or actually, the TWO bottom bowls.


The inner bowl can be lifted out and the bowl underneath can be used to hold used tea bags or a drippy spoon. The lid could, if one so desired, be used to elevate the sugar bowl, like a pedestal.


Here's another way it can be used. The sugar bowl could sit open and exposed while the top and bottom are one single unit.

As I put all this in writing, I'm realizing that this bowl is beginning to remind me of that trend that was popular in the early 80's . It was a shirt/skirt that had a wrap and it could be worn 1000 different ways but it only came in four colors: blue, red, white, and brown .... it maybe have come in green but I don't think so.


This is by far one of the most interesting custom orders I've at
attempted. Now ... if it can only survive the bisque and glaze firing!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie,

    Wow, I'm amazed! Thank you so much for trying this hard for me. I am absolutely floored and sooo excited to get it. Have my fingers crossed for the glazing!

    -Enia

    ReplyDelete