NKPdesigns

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bisque Spig Bead with Piercings


This is a combination of adding small bits of clay to a bead (sprigging) and a bit of piercing, too.

I have been working steadily on this (on the left) and these (pictured below) in my spare time for about the last two weeks.   I start off with a ball of clay, apply the sprigs, texture some of the sprigs, then begin poking.  I add the threading hole and last I add the small 'bead cap' sprigs to each opening of the threading hole, and poke through again.  It seems to tear if I try to do it all in one step.

I have no idea how I am going to glaze this. I am tempted to glaze the sprigs and leave the other part unglazed.  The next minute I'm like, "I'M GONNA GLAZE THE WHOLE THING... RED!!! NO BLUE! Wait ... purple?"


There is a certain satisfaction looking at a bisque bead and thinking, "I like it just the way it is."  That is probably why I have so many bisque beads in my studio laying around in various sized bags.  I have beads from 3-4 years ago, perfectly good beads but I look at them and can't decide how to glaze them so back into the bag they go.  I don't know what that says about me.  Sometimes I delude myself into thinking I must stop making beads until I get them all glazed.  A few days later I'm itching to make a small round thing and put a hole in it and before I know it, there I am with a lump of clay. Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment