NKPdesigns

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Delicate Scroll pattern

Here's a design  I have enjoyed playing with.  It's a button texture that I press into each round.  I add an underglaze and wipe off the excess before coating with a clear gloss glaze.

I usually sit down and create the 'blank canvas' of these 300 at a time.  After they are bisque fired they are put in a Ziplock bag so they do not get dusty. Then, I'll take out 5-10 at a time and glaze them. I try to make a lot of different colors so they are individual, and of course, each firing of the same color comes out a bit differently as well.

Usually these are around 12-13 mm, but I have been known to make them as large as 21 mm.  If you ever want any of these, in whatever size or color, just let me know.  I'll do my best to match or find you the color you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment