NKPdesigns

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Brass Beads

There are a couple of antique stores in Gruene, Texas and I couldn't help but poke around them to see what I could find. These are some beads that I found in a bag labeled "as is" ... which was fine with me because I am the type who takes apart things anyway so the fact that this was a broken necklace didn't bother me in the least.

I recently found a glaze that fired at cone 04 will give an appearance of brass. It's a new specialty glaze from Duncan: sy1026 "Modern Brass" is the name. 

That is why I could not help but fall in love with these bass beads on the left. I am hoping to glaze some porcelain beads this week and combine them with these.  A few gemstones would be nice... maybe jasper?  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment