NKPdesigns

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Taking the Beads off the Rods

A photo is worth what they say? 1000 words? Therefore I should not elaborate too much on what happened as I was taking the rods out of the kiln ... but I will. After all, this blog documents the successes and the failures of this particular potter. This is what happened: The rods began crumbling. At the exact moment when the rods began crumbling I realized I should have switched out these beads onto new rods for the last repeat firing. I was certain they would make it through this final firing. I was wrong. (insert Homer Simpson's DOH right here).

Here are the results. The lower, most southern bowl, hold the beads which came off the rods with no debris in their holes. The top, most northern bowl, hold the beads which have part of the rod stuck in them forever. They are destined for the trash. In case you are wondering the bead whistle did not end up making noise plus it had somewhat of a severe rod problem as well. Bummer.

Last night my husband and I went out for Chinese. I didn't much like my 'fortune' cookie. I'm not superstitious and usually these sayings are just fun ... like The best way to have a friend is to be a friend and The person who takes the last eggroll is the least hungry but the one I got last night was a definite foreshadowing of this morning. The mother of all success is failure. Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment